11-day China Tour for Women
Destinations: Shanghai, Suzhou, Xi'an, Beijing
Tour code: TCG-L-037
This China tour is specially designed for women, which includes the must-visit sites in Shanghai, Beijing & Xi’an. The trip features local old streets like Tianzifang Art Street in Shanghai, No.1 Silk factory in Suzhou, Muslim Old Quarters in Xi’an and Hutong Valley in Beijing. This is leisure trip for women to know unique local culture and life of China and there will be great shopping opportunities.
Day 1 Arrive in Shanghai
Transfer via: international flight - on your own
Upon arrival in Beijing, meet the local guide at the airport and walk to take the famous Magnetic train（speed 460 kmph) to Long Yang station. Meet our private driver and transfer to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Shanghai
Activities for today: Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yu Garden, the Bund
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and full day guide tour to visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower where has best viewing spot of Shanghai located by the Huangpu River with 468 meters high. Followed tour to the Yu Garden. It is an exquisite small garden nestled in the Shanghai Old Quarters. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant. In the afternoon, take a leisure walk on the Bund to see old and new Shanghai along Huangpu River.
Recommended evening activity: Acrobatic Night Show.
Day 3 Shanghai/Suzhou/Shanghai
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Tongli Water Town, Humble Administrator's Garden, Boat on the Grand Canal, No.1 Silk Factory
In the morning, meet the guide and drive to Suzhou. En route, pay a visit to Tongli Water Town. It is s characterized by stone bridges and well preserved ancient architecture including private gardens, temples and houses. Process to Suzhou city and visit the Humble Administrator's Garden, the largest and most renowned garden. It is listed as a World Cultural Heritage site and has also been designated as one of the Cultural Relics of National Importance under the Protection of the State as well as a Special Tourist Attraction of China. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, take a short boat on the Grand Canal which is also known as the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal. It is the earliest and the longest artificial river in the world that is ten times of the Suez Canal and 22 times of the Panama Canal. Like the Great Wall, the Grand Canal is regarded as one of the two great projects in Chinese ancient time. Today's tour ends at the No. 1 Silk Factory for the ladies to see the process of how to make silk and free shopping. Drive back to Shanghai in the later afternoon.
Day 4 Shanghai
Activities for today: Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, Shanghai Museum, Tianzifang Art Street
Today we will take the guide tour to visit Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition. It is a huge scale model of the city of Shanghai, showing all existing and approved buildings. you can view the model from alongside or ascend to a gallery running around it for views from above. Followed by a visit to the Shanghai Museum. It is a large museum of ancient Chinese art. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, pay a visit to Shanghai Tianzifang Art Street. It has transformed itself from legacy residential architectures and factories into an artsy area housing bars, cafes, crafts shops, design studios, galleries and boutiques. You will enjoy the fun of shopping at small shops in the narrow lanes. Free evening for your own leisure.
Day 5 Shanghai/Xi'an
Transfer via: domestic flight - on our arrangement
Activities for today: Learn how to make Dumplings.
Morning meet the guide and transfer to Shanghai Pudong airport for the morning flight to Xi'an.
Upon arrival in Xi'an, meet the local guide and transfer to the hotel check in. After a short rest, drive to a local Chinese restaurant and learn how to make Chinese dumplings. Enjoy dumplings for dinner.
Recommend evening Activities: Tang Dynasty show.
Day 6 Xi'an
Activities for today: Terracotta Warriors Museum, Chinese herbal medicine market, Muslim Quarters
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and drive to visit the Xi'an Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory. In the factory, you can see the process of how to make Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses. Continue drive to visit the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Museum. It is one of the most important archaeological finds in the 20 th century; an army of terra-cotta warriors and the bronze chariots entombed in vast underground vaults at emperor Qin's tomb since 2200 year ago. Lunch will be taken at a Chinese restaurant. In the afternoon, drive to visit the local Chinese Herbal Medicine Market, and then free walk on the Old Muslim Quarters (Old Street).
Day 7 Xi'an/Beijing
Transfer via: domestic flight - on our arrangement
Activities for today: Small Wild Goose Pagoda
Morning guide tour to visit the Small Wild Goose Pagoda. It mainly consists of the Xian Museum, the ancient Jianfu Temple built in the year 684 A.D during the Tang Dynasty (618-907) and the famous Small Wild Goose Pagoda. The scenic area has become a wonderful leisure site for the appreciation of cultural relics, sightseeing and entertainment. After lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, transfer to the Xi'an airport for the afternoon flight to Beijing.
Upon arrival in Beijing, meet the local guide and transfer to your hotel. Free evening for your own leisure.
Recommend evening Activities: Peking Opera in the evening.
Day 8 Beijing
Activities for today: Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, Hutong Tour
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and start today's city tour from the Tian'anmen Square which is the largest city square in the world, followed by the Forbidden City. It is the largest imperial palace in Cina for 24 emperors' reign during the Ming and Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, take a 3-wheel rickshaw to Hutong and have a visit to the local family. Hutong is the unique street design in Beijing - some crisscrossing old narrow paths with courtyard houses built on each side. It can be regarded as a window into Beijing folk life.
Day 9 Beijing
Activities for today: Mutianyu Great Wall, 798 Art Zone
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and drive to visit the Great Wall of Mutianyu Section, which is one of the great wonders in the world and the symbol of China. You can take a short hiking on the wall. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, pay a visit to the Cloisonné Factory where you can see the traditional Beijing culture Art. And then drive to explore 798 Art Zone, a thriving artistic community at Beijing outskirt. Drive back to your hotel and free evening.
Recommend evening Activities: Chinese Kung Fu Show in the evening.
Day 10 Beijing
Activities for today: Temple of Heaven Park
Morning meet the guide and transfer to visit the Temple of Heaven Park, which is a masterpiece of architecture and landscape design where the ancient emperors used to pray for the God's bless of the whole nation. You may have a chance to see the local seniors to enjoy their lives after retirement in the morning. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, free shopping on the Wangfujing Avenue.
Day 11 Beijing
Transfer via: international flight - on your own
Free at leisure until meet the guide and transfer to Beijing airport for your flight to your next destination.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrive in Shanghai||Arrival in Shanghai.||/|
|Day2||Shanghai||Today guide tour to the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yu Garden, the Bund.||B, L|
|Day3||Shanghai/Suzhou/Shanghai||Day tour to Suzhou and visit the Tongli Water Town, Humble Administrator's Garden, Boat on the Grand Canal, No.1 Silk Factory.||B, L|
|Day4||Shanghai||Visit The People’s Square and the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall then onto the famous Shanghai Museum, one of the best in China. In the afternoon, transfer to Tianzifang to enjoy the fun of shopping at the small shops in the narrow lanes.||B, L|
|Day5||Shanghai/Xi'an||Fly to Xi'an. Learn how to make Chinese Dumplings.||B, D|
|Day6||Xi'an||Today guide tour to visit Terracotta Warriors Museum, Chinese herbal medicine market, and old Muslim quarters.||B, L|
|Day7||Xi'an/Beijing||Visit Small Wild Goose Pagoda and fly to Beijing.||B, L|
|Day8||Beijing||Today guide trip to the Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and Hutong Tour.||B, L|
|Day9||Beijing||Guide tour to Mutianyu Great Wall and 798 Art Zone.||B, L|
|Day10||Beijing||Morning guide tour to the Temple of Heaven Park. Afternoon free shopping on Wangfujing Avenue.||B, L|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
Hi Mr. Andy,Me and my sister both had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the tours and loved how it was tailor made for us.The meals were all very good, occasionally it would have been nice to decide on the dishes as sometimes there were too many!! I personally would say that the duck dinner was very nice... Read more >>
Customer: Jenniffer & Christina Mueller ( UK ) Tour Dates: 2012-05-04
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment