13-day Splendors of East China
Destinations: Hong Kong, Xiamen, Nanjing County, Hangzhou, Wuzhen, Suzhou, Shanghai
Tour code: TCG-L-004
Thinking of unveiling the splendors of East China while holidaying in this incredible country? The mere thought of travelling to East China region is extremely tempting. The spell binding beauty of nature and hodge-podge of varied cultures makes this region all more enchanting. Talking about the splendors of this incredible area, there is no dearth of destinations to visit. From bustling Hong Kong to beautiful seaside city Xiamen, from the skyscrapers in Shanghai to the unique earthern buildings in the Hakka villages, from the paradise on earth - Suzhou and Hangzhou to the tranquil water towns and ancient private gardens, from silk to tea... This trip lets you explore many many...
Day 1 Arrival in Hong Kong
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer
Upon your arrival at the Hong Kong airport, you will be met and transferred to the hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Hong Kong
Activities for today: Victoria Peak, Aberdeen Fishing Village, Stanley Market
Morning half day tour to visit Victoria Peak where you will have a panorama view of the beautiful Victoria Harbour. Explore Aberdeen Fishing Village - an old fishing village where the Tanka people –the fishermen dwelled in Hong Kong since old times. You can take the sampan ride to experience the water lifestyle of the fisherman (the expense is at an individual’s expenses). Visit the Stanley Market to explore one of Hong Kong's most popular open air and low-cost shopping center.
After free at leisure for free shopping or own exploration.
Day 3 Hong Kong
Activities for today: Lantau Island, Po Lin Monastery, Ngong Ping Village
Travel by ferry from Hong Kong to Lantau Island. See the world's largest seated outdoor bronze statue, Tian Tan Buddha; then walk through the village full of cultural integrity. Explore the grand Po Lin Monastery and the Ngong Ping Village.
Day 4 Hong Kong / Xiamen
Transfer via: TBA – our arrangement
Activities for today: Hotel to airport transfer (HK), Airport to hotel transfer (Xiamen)
Free morning at leisure in Hong Kong, you will be met and transferred to the airport for the afternoon flight to Xiamen.
Upon arrival at Xiamen Gaoqi Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Free at leisure in the evening.
Day 5 Xiamen/Nanjing County/Xiamen
Activities for today: Nanjing Tianluokeng Tulou Clusters, Taxia Village
After breakfast, drive about 3 hours to Nanjing County and explore Tianluokeng Tulou Clusters, Yuchang Earth Building. The cluster is composed of five earth towers with a square Baiyun Tower in the middle, surrounded by three round towers and an oval tower, forming a patter of "four dishes and a soup".
The 5-storey Yuchang Tower is the oldest earth tower in China with a history of 700 years although vertical wooden post structure is not perpendicular. After that, transfer to visit the Taxia Village and then drive back to Xiamen. Free at leisure in the evening.
Day 6 Xiamen/Hangzhou/Wuzhen
Transfer via: TBA – our arrangement
Activities for today: Gulangyu Island, Airport transfer (Xiamen), Airport transfer (Hangzhou) to Wuzhen
Morning pay a visit to the Shuzhuang Garden and Grag of Sunlight on Gulangyu Island. After lunch, transfer to the airport for the flight to Hangzhou.
Upon arrival at the Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel in Wuzhen Water Town.
Day 7 Wuzhen / Hangzhou
Activities for today: Wuzhen Water Town
After breakfast, explore with the guide to Jiangnan Hundred Beds Showroom, Indigo-Blue Printed Calico Workshop, Mr.Yu Liuliang's Coin Display Room, Shadow-puppet Theatre, Ancient Stage, Pawn Museum, Visiting Lu Pavilion, etc.
Drive back to Hangzhou in the late afternoon and free at leisure in the evening.
Day 8 Hangzhou / Suzhou
Transfer via: express train for seat class - on our arrangement
Activities for today: West Lake, Lingyin Temple, Feilai Peak, Six Harmonies Pagoda
Today city tour to visit the West Lake. It is the symbol of Hangzhou. And the islets and temples, pavilions and gardens, causeways and arched bridges of this jade-like lake have constituted the supreme example of lakeside beauty in China. You will take a short boat on the lake.
Followed by a visit to the Lingyin Temple and Feilai Peak. Lingyin Temple is one of the most prestigious Buddhist monasteries in China, while the Feilai Peak stands by Lingyin Temple with a collection of more than 470 Buddhist carvings dating back to 1000 years ago. Today's trip ends at the Six Harmonies Pagoda (Liuhe Pagoda) which is one of the true masterpieces of ancient Chinese architectures. Transfer to the railway station and taken an express train to Suzhou. Upon arrival in Suzhou, you will be met and transferred to the hotel.
Day 9 Suzhou
Activities for today: Humble Administrator’s Garden, Tiger Hill, Grand Canal, No. 1 Silk Factory
After breakfast, drive to visit the Humble Administrator's Garden, the largest and most renowned garden. Followed by tour to the Tiger Hill, a large hillock covering some 14,100 square meters and is 36 meters in height. Climbing the hill, you will find a number of historical sites which can be traced back over 2,500 years ago.
In the afternoon, take a short boating on the Grand Canal, which is also known as the Beijing - Hangzhou Grand Canal. It is the earliest and the longest artificial river in the world that is ten times of the Suez Canal and 22 times of the Panama Canal. Like the Great Wall, the Grand Canal is regarded as one of the two great projects in ancient China. Finally, we end today's trip at the No. 1 Silk Factory by seeing the process of how to make silk and free shopping.
Day 10 Suzhou /Shanghai
Transfer via: train - our arrangement
Activities for today: Master of the Nets Garden, Suzhou Old Town
Visit the Master of the Nets Garden. It is the smallest of the Suzhou residential gardens, yet it is the most impressive because of its use of space which creates the illusion of an area that is much greater than its actual size.
After that, take a 3-wheel rickshaw to visit the Old Town of Suzhou, where you will see the small lanes, the open markets and local people's life. Transfer to the railway station and take an afternoon high speed train to Shanghai. Upon arrival in Shanghai, you will be met and transferred to the hotel.
Day 11 Shanghai
Activities for today: Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, Yu Garden, the Bund
Today, our trip will star from the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (Center). It is a huge scale model of the city of Shanghai, showing all existing and approved buildings. You can view the model from alongside or ascend to a gallery running around it for views from above. Then tour the Yu Garden. It is an exquisite small garden nestled in the Shanghai Old Quarters. After lunch, take a leisure walk along the historical Bund and the Huangpu River.
Recommended Night Show: Acrobatics Show
Day 12 Shanghai
Free day for your own exploration.
Day 13 Shanghai Exit
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Hotel to airport transfer
Transfer to the airport for the flight back to your sweet home.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrival in Hong Kong||Meet your tour guide and transfer to the hotel.||no meal|
|Day2||Hong Kong||Half day tour to visit Victoria Peak, Aberdeen Fishing Village and Stanley Market.||B, L|
|Day3||Hong Kong||Travel by ferry from Hong Kong to Lantau Island and explore the grand Po Lin Monastery and the Ngong Ping Village.||B, L|
|Day4||Hong Kong / Xiamen||Fly to Xiamen.||B|
|Day5||Xiamen/Nanjing County/Xiamen||After breakfast, drive to visit Tianluokeng Tulou Clusters, Yuchang Earth Building, and Taxia Village.||B, L|
|Day6||Xiamen/Hangzhou/Wuzhen||Visit Gulangyu Island. Fly to Hangzhou. Transfer to Wuzhen Water Town.||B, L|
|Day7||Wuzhen / Hangzhou||Explore Wuzhen Water Town and drive back to Hangzhou.||B, L|
|Day8||Hangzhou / Suzhou||Have a city tour including: West Lake by boat, Lingyin Temple, Feilai Peak and Six Harmonies Pagoda (Liuhe Pagoda). Take an express train to Suzhou.||B, L|
|Day9||Suzhou||Visit Humble Administrator’s Garden, Tiger Hill, No. 1 Silk Factory and Grand Canal (by boat).||B, L|
|Day10||Suzhou /Shanghai||Visit the Master of the Nets Garden. Have a 1.5-hour rickshaw ride to the old district of Suzhou. Take high speed train to Shanghai.||B, L|
|Day11||Shanghai||Visit the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (Center), Yu Garden, and the Bund.||B, L|
|Day13||Shanghai Exit||Transfer to the airport.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment