11-day Affordable China Tour for Students
Destinations: Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin, Yangshuo, Shanghai
Tour code: TCG-L-001
The 11-day educational trip includes the popular destinations like Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin, Yangshuo & Shanghai. Besides the historical sites, amazing natural sencery and cultural relics, you will have opportunities to make Chinese kites & dumplings, watching Kungfu Show…
Day 1 Arrival in Beijing
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer
Landing at Beijing Capital International Airport, you will be met and transferred to the hotel/hostel at downtown. Relax and have some free time.
Day 2 Beijing
Activities for today: Mutianyu Great Wall, Hutong, Peking Roast Duck Dinner
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and drive to visit the Great Wall of Mutianyu Section, which is one of the great wonders in the world and the symbol of China. You can take a short hiking on the wall. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant. In the afternoon, pay a visit to the Cloisonné Factory where you can see the traditional Beijing culture Art.
Drive back to the city, take a 3-wheel rickshaw to Hutong and have a visit to the local family. Hutong is the unique street design in Beijing - some crisscrossing old narrow paths with courtyard houses built on each side. It can be regarded as a window into Beijing folk life. Learn how to make Chinese handicrafts like Kites. In the evening, enjoy Peking Roast Duck for dinner.
Recommend evening Activities: Enjoy the famous Chinese Kung Fu Show in the evening.
Day 3 Beijing
Activities for today: Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and start today's city tour from the Temple of Heaven Park, which is a masterpiece of architecture and landscape design where the ancient emperors used to pray for the God's bless of the whole nation. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, walk through the Tiananmen Square which is the largest city square in the world, and visit the Forbidden City. It is the largest imperial palace in Cina for 24 emperors' reign during the Ming and Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years.
Day 4 Beijing / Xi'an
Transfer via: train - on our arrangement
Activities for today: Confucius Temple, Yonghe Lamasery, Laoshe Teahouse
Visit the Confucius Temple, where Chinese people pay respect to the sage and great philosopher. Then proceed to Yonghe Lamasery, an important Tibetan Buddhist temple in China.
This afternoon, go to Laoshe Teahouse to learn Chinese and experience the Chinese culture. Board an overnight train to Xi'an at soft sleeper class.
Day 5 Xi'an
Activities for today: Terra Cotta Warriors Museum, Grand Mosque, old Muslim quarters
Arrival in Xi'an in the morning, meet the guide and transfer to have breakfast and refresh up. After a short rest, drive to visit the Xi'an Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory. In the factory, you can see the process of how to make Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses. Continue drive to visit the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Museum. It is one of the most important archaeological finds in the 20 th century; an army of terra-cotta warriors and the bronze chariots entombed in vast underground vaults at emperor Qin's tomb since 2200 year ago.
In the afternoon, visit the Grand Mosque and have a free walk at the nearby Muslim Quarters (Old City Street). Transfer to a local restaurant and learn how to make Chinese dumplings and enjoy dumpling dinner in the evening.
Day 6 Xi'an / Guilin / Yangshuo
Transfer via: domestic flight - on our arrangement, private vehicle
Activities for today: Big Wild Goose Pagoda Park, West Street
Morning drive to visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda Park. The pagoda is the city emblem, which was first built in Tang Dynasty for the storage of Buddhist scriptures taken from India by Monk Xuanzang. Transfer to the airport for the flight to Guilin.
Upon arrival, you will be met and drive about 2 hours to yangshuo. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 7 Yangshuo
Activities for today: Taichi course, Cycling tour, Moon Hill
Morning Taichi course by local Taichi master, after breakfast, bike ride to the countryside to see the stunning landscape and local farmer’s life. Stop at Moon Hill and walk up for a panoramic view. Visit a local school and meet Chinese students in the afternoon.
Day 8 Yangshuo
Activities for today: Bamboo Rafting on Yulong River, Learn Chinese Painting or Calligraphy
Transfer for a fantastic bamboo rafting trip down Yulong River, and visit a small fishing village by the river.
In the afternoon, the teacher will teach you in Chinese painting and calligraphy with brush.
Day 9 Yangshuo/Guilin/Shanghai
Transfer via: domestic flight - on our arrangement, private vehicle
Transfer to Guilin and take a flight to Shanghai, the most dynamic city in China.
Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to enjoy a city tour of Shanghai, including the former French Concession, People's Square, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall and the colonial Bund.
Day 10 Shanghai
Activities for today: Yu Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai Science and Technology Museum
Today visit the Yu Garden and nearby old quarters of Shanghai. The garden used to be a private garden with 400 years' history; it features traditional architectural style of Yangtze Delta. Followed by a visit to the Jade Buddha Temple.
In the afternoon, go and visit Shanghai Science and Technology Museum and the market behind.
Recommended evening activity: Acrobatic Night Show.
Day 11 Shanghai Exit
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Maglev Train
Transfer to take maglev train at Longyang Road Station, one of the fastest public trains in the world, and get off at Pudong International Airport, finally board your flight back home.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrival in Beijing||Meet your Beijing tour guide and transfer to hotel.||no meal|
|Day2||Beijing||Drive to visit Mutianyu Great Wall. Then drive to visit Hutong, learn to make Chinese handicrafts and enjoy Peking duck dinner at night.||B, L, D|
|Day3||Beijing||Today we will visit Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City.||B, L|
|Day4||Beijing / Xi'an||Tour to Confucius Temple, Lama Temple and Lashe Teahouse. Overnight train to Xi'an.||B, L, D|
|Day5||Xi'an||Arrival in Xian in the morning, visit Terra Cotta Warriors Museum, Grand Mosque, Muslim quarters, and learn how to make Chinese dumplings and enjoy the dumpling dinner.||B, L, D|
|Day6||Xi'an / Guilin / Yangshuo||Visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda Park, fly to Guilin and drive to Yangshuo.||B|
|Day7||Yangshuo||Today Taichi course by local Taichi master, cycling tour to the nearby countryside, visit Moon Hill and a local school.||B, L, D|
|Day8||Yangshuo||Today bamboo rafting trip down Yulong River, and visit a small fishing village. In the afternoon, learn Chinese painting or calligraphy with brush.||B, L|
|Day9||Yangshuo/Guilin/Shanghai||Fly to Shanghai. Enjoy a tour of Shanghai, including the former French Concession, People's Square, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall and the Bund.||B, L|
|Day10||Shanghai||Visit Yu Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, and Shanghai Science and Technology Museum.||B, L, D|
|Day11||Shanghai Exit||Take Maglev Train to Pudong airport and departure.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
Dear Nancy, We are back home and want to say THANK YOU for a wonderful trip you arranged for us. Everything went very well and the meals after Xi'an were good. We enjoyed the stay in China and everything we have seen. We will surely come again, and we will recommend your and your agency to our friends. Thank you and hope... Read more >>
Customer: David Aitchison Tour Dates: 2011-05-05
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment