10-day China Giant Panda Tour
Destinations: Beijing, Chengdu, Ya'an, Shanghai
Tour code: TCG-L-022
This Tour features interesting and enjoyable panda experience in Chengdu but also includes the famous sites in Beijing & Shanghai. The Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City and thriving the Bund & Nanjing Road also worth a visit.
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer
Our guide will meet you at Beijing Airport and transfer you to the hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Beijing
Activities for today: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Peking Duck Dinner
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and start today's city tour from the Tiananmen Square which is the largest city square in the world, followed by the Forbidden City. It is the largest imperial palace in Cina for 24 emperors' reign during the Ming and Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, transfer to visit the Temple of Heaven Park, which is a masterpiece of architecture and landscape design where the ancient emperors used to pray for the God's bless of the whole nation. In the evening, enjoy a famous Peking Duck Banquet for dinner.
Day 3 Beijing
Activities for today: Mutianyu Great Wall, Hutong Tour
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and drive to visit the Great Wall of Mutianyu Section, which is one of the great wonders in the world and the symbol of China. You can take a short hiking on the wall. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, pay a visit to the Cloisonné Factory where you can see the traditional Beijing culture Art. Drive back to the city, take a 3-wheel rickshaw to Hutong and have a visit to the local family. Hutong is the unique street design in Beijing - some crisscrossing old narrow paths with courtyard houses built on each side. It can be regarded as a window into Beijing folk life. Drive back to your hotel and free at leisure in the evening.
Day 4 Beijing/Chengdu
Transfer via: TBA – our arrangement
Activities for today: Summer Palace
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and transfer to visit the Summer Palace, which is the largest and best-preserved royal garden in China with a history of over 800 years.
Transfer to Beijing airport for the flight to Chengdu.
Upon arrival in Chengdu, meet the local guide and transfer to the hotel. Free at leisure in the evening.
Day 5 Chengdu/Ya'an
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Leshan Giant Buddha, Bifengxia Panda Base
Drive to visit the Leshan Giant Buddha. The 71m-high Giant Buddha is qualified as the largest stone-carved Buddha in the world. It was constructed during 713-803 AD during the prosperous Tang Dynasty. It was included in the UNESCO heritage list in 1996.
After that, drive to the Bifengxia Panda Base in Ya'an City, where you will apply for the necessary permit and sign an agreement. Then you will get the special working uniform, gloves etc., and learn how to work as a panda volunteer.
Day 6 Ya'an/Chengdu
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Panda Volunteer Work
Today, you will wear the working clothes and have a happy full-day work in the panda base. Your work schedule will be:
08:30 Clean the panda's house/garden.
10:00 Put the fresh bamboo into the enclosures for the pandas' breakfast.
11:00 Watch the pandas' activity and help the scientists to collect their behavior data.
14:30 Feed the animals with bamboo bread, apples and carrots. Then free the pandas in the enclosure and watch their activity. This time you may help the veterinary to do the medicine care for the pandas.
16:30 Feed pandas again.
17:30 End the job.
Drive back to Chengdu and check in the hotel.
Day 7 Chengdu/Shanghai
Transfer via: domestic flight - on our arrangement
Activities for today: Jinsha Cultural Relics Museum, Jinli Old Street
Morning meet the guide and drive to visit the Jinsha Cultural Relics Museum, a very impressive museum built at Jinsha Ruins, featuring various tools and art pieces from around 3,000 years ago. After that, we will drive to visit the Jinli Old Street where you can see the local people's lifestyle.
Transfer to Chengdu airport for the afternoon flight to Shanghai.
Upon arrival in Shanghai, meet the local guide and transfer to the hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 8 Shanghai
Activities for today: Yu Garden, Shanghai Urban Exhibition, Oriental Pearl Tower, the Bund, Nanjing Road
Today we will take the guide tour to visit the Yu Garden. The garden used to be a private garden with 400 years' history; it features traditional architectural style of Yangtze Delta. Followed tour to visit Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition. It is a huge scale model of the city of Shanghai, showing all existing and approved buildings. you can view the model from alongside or ascend to a gallery running around it for views from above.
In the afternoon, visit Pudong New Area and Oriental Pearl TV Tower where has best viewing spot of Shanghai located by the Huangpu River with 468 meters high. After that, take a leisure walk on the Bund to see old and new Shanghai along Huangpu River.
Recommended evening activity: Acrobatic Night Show.
Day 9 Shanghai
Free day for your own exploration.
Day 10 Shanghai/Exit
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Hotel to airport transfer
Today your trip comes to an end with an airport transfer.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Beijing Arrival||Meet your guide and transfer to hotel.||/|
|Day2||Beijing||Visit Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven.||B, L, D|
|Day3||Beijing||Visit the Mutianyu Great Wall. Drive back to the city, and take a 3-wheel rickshaw to Hutong to see local people's life.||B, L|
|Day4||Beijing/Chengdu||Visit the Summer Palace. Fly to Chengdu.||B, L|
|Day5||Chengdu/Ya'an||Drive to see Leshan Giant Buddha. Then transfer to the Bifengxia Panda Base in Ya'an city.||B, L|
|Day6||Ya'an/Chengdu||Enjoy a happy full-day work in the panda base. Drive back to Chengdu.||B, L|
|Day7||Chengdu/Shanghai||Visit Jinsha Cultural Relics Museum, and Jinli Old Street and fly to Shanghai.||B, L|
|Day8||Shanghai||Visit the Yu Garden, Shanghai Urban Exhibition, Pudong area and Oriental Pearl Tower, the Bund and Nanjing Road.||B, L|
|Day10||Shanghai/Exit||Transfer to the airport.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment