15-day Fabulous China River Cruise
Destinations: Chengdu, Leshan, Chongqing, Yichang, Wuhan, Huangshan, Shanghai
Tour code: TCG-L-029
This China River Cruise Tour is the best way to view many of China's most famous sights on land excursions. Sit on shaded decks of your floating hotel, sipping iced beverages while watching five thousand years of history and culture float by. The cruise ship is a fully air-conditioned, multi-decked craft with modern, private facilities, health club, sauna, games room, bar, dining rooms, sun deck and room service.
Day 1 Arrive in Chengdu
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Chengdu
Activities for today: Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, Jinsha Site Museum, Jinli Old Street
Drive to Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. Usually pandas get fed in the morning, it is the most active period during the day. Watch a film at Panda Museum to have some knowledge of pandas.
After lunch at the city downtown, go and visit Jinsha Site Museum, a great place for visitors to closely observe the excavation of archeological spot and learn the glorious culture of the ancient Shu Kingdom. Then wander around Jinli ancient streets, you can taste different kinds of local snacks there.
Day 3 Chengdu/Leshan/Emeishan
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Leshan Giant Buddha, Baoguo Temple
After breakfast, drive to Leshan to see the biggest stone-carved Buddha sculpture in the world. The Giant Buddha was finished in 803 of Tang Dynasty after 90 year's construction with a 71-meter height.
After lunch, continue the trip to Mount Emei to visit the Baoguo Temple. Overnight at the foot of Emei Mountain.
Day 4 Emeishan
Activities for today: Mount Emei
Take the local environment-friendly bus to Leidongping, then walk about 15 minutes to Jieyin Hall, where to board a cable car to Golden summit. Visit the Huazang temple, Golden summit Buddha Statue.
After lunch, take bus down to foot of the mountain, you can choose to have hot-spring bath at the hotel. Overnight at Emeishan.
Day 5 Emeishan/Zigong
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Zigong Dinosaur Museum, Zigong Salt Industry History Museum
After breakfast, drive to Zigong (about 3.5hours). Visit Zigong Dinosaur Museum, established on the site of dinosaur fossils. Together with the American National Dinosaur Park and the Canadian Dinosaur Park, it is one of the world's three largest dinosaur museums.
Then visit Zigong Salt Industry History Museum. The city was also nicknamed as the 'Salt Capital' in the past because of its salt resources and production. Right here you can see how people make salt in a traditional way.
Day 6 Zigong/Dazu/Chongqing
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Dazu Rock Carvings
Head for Dazu to visit Dazu Rock Carvings, which was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1999, the Rock Carvings contain over 50,000 stone sculptures carved from the Tang Dynasty (618-907) to the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). The two major sites of the Dazhu Rock Carvings are Beishan (North Hill) and Baodingshan (Baoding Hill). Afterwards, drive to Chongqing (117km). Overnight at Chongqing.
Day 7 Chongqing
Activities for today: Three Gorges Museum, General Joseph W. Stilwell Museum, Eling Park, Ciqikou Old Town
Today explore one of the most dynamic metropolis in West China by starting with a visit to the Three Gorges Museum, then proceed to visit the General Joseph W. Stilwell Museum in memory of the USA general during the Second World War.
Move on to see the Eling Park, where you can have a panoramic view of the Chongqing city. Drive to visit the Ciqikou Old Town in the afternoon. Overnight at Chongqing
Day 8 Yangtze Cruise/Fengdu
Activities for today: Fengdu Ghost City
Board the famous Victoria Cruises ship and depart at 10:00am from Chongqing.
Afternoon shore excursion to Fengdu, visiting either the "Ghost City" on Mingshan Hill, or the new relocation village for families who have moved as a result of the Yangtze's rising waters brought about by the Three Gorges Dam.
Day 9 Yangtze Cruise
Activities for today: Shennong Stream or Lesser Three Gorges
Morning excursion to Daning River Small Gorges or Shennong Stream. Evening sail through Three Gorges Dam Ship locks.
Day 10 Yangtze Cruise/Yichang
Activities for today: Three Gorges Dam
Morning visit to Three Gorges Dam site, reboard ship at Yichang dock.
Day 11 Yangtze Cruise/Wuhan
Activities for today: Hubei Provincial Museum
Afternoon shore excursion of Wuhan, visiting the Hubei Provincial Museum.
Day 12 Yangtze Cruise/Huangshan
Activities for today: Yellow Mountain
Full-day shore excursion to Huangshan ("Yellow Mountain"), please note that Jiuhuanshan or "Mountain of the Nine Lotuses" may be substituted if weather or road conditions do not permit a visit to Huangshan.
Day 13 Yangtze Cruise/Nanjing
Activities for today: Sun Yat Sen Mausoleum, Confucian Temple
Day 14 Yangtze Cruise/Shanghai
Transfer via: Cruise - arranged by Trip China Guide
Activities for today: Yu Garden, Yuyuan Market, the Bund, Oriental Pearl TV Tower
At 8:00am arrive in Shanghai, be met and transferred to your hotel at the city downtown. After lunch, visit Yu Garden, Yuyuan Market, the Bund and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower.
Day 15 Shanghai/Exit
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Hotel to airport transfer
Say 'Zai Jian' to your travel guide, driver and newfound friends at the airport.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrive in Chengdu||Meet your guide at the airport and then transfer to hotel.||no meal|
|Day2||Chengdu||Tour Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, Jinsha Site Museum, Jinli Old Street.||B, L, D|
|Day3||Chengdu/Leshan/Emeishan||Visit Leshan Giant Buddha, Mount Emei||B, L, D|
|Day4||Emeishan||Enjoy a full day in Mount Emei, sightseeing including Golden Summit, Huazang Temple, Golden Summit Buddha Statue; enjoy hot spring bath.||B, L, D|
|Day5||Emeishan/Zigong||Drive to Zigong. Visit Zigong Dinosaur Museum and Zigong Salt Industry History Museum.||B, L, D|
|Day6||Zigong/Dazu/Chongqing||Visit Dazu Rock Carvings and then drive to Chongqing.||B, L|
|Day7||Chongqing||Tour of Three Gorges Museum, General Joseph W. Stilwell Museum, Eling Park, Ciqikou Old Town.||B, L|
|Day8||Yangtze Cruise/Fengdu||Board the Yangtze Cruise and make a shore excursion to Fengdu Ghost City.||B, L, D|
|Day9||Yangtze Cruise||Enjoy boating at Shennong Stream or Lesser Three Gorges.||B, L, D|
|Day10||Yangtze Cruise/Yichang||Visit Three Gorges Dam site.||B, L, D|
|Day11||Yangtze Cruise/Wuhan||Visit Hubei Provincial Museum.||B, L, D|
|Day12||Yangtze Cruise/Huangshan||Shore excursion to the Yellow Mountain.||B, L, D|
|Day13||Yangtze Cruise/Nanjing||Visit Sun Yat Sen Mausoleum and Confucian Temple in Nanjing.||B, L, D|
|Day14||Yangtze Cruise/Shanghai||Disembark the ship in Shanghai. Visit Yu Garden, Yuyuan Market, the Bund and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower.||B|
|Day15||Shanghai/Exit||Transfer to the airport.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment