Day 1 Beijing
Activities for today: Pick-up at hotel, Badaling Great Wall, Changling Tomb
At 9:00 AM, we will pick you up at your hotel. Then we will drive to explore the Great Wall at Badaling. This section was built in 1505 AD and known as one of the nine famous passes of the Great Wall and the outpost of the famous Juyongguan Pass. When used by the Chinese to protect their land, this part has had many guards to defend the capital city Beijing. Made of stone and bricks from the mountains, this section is 8meters high and 6 meters wide. It is generally rated as one of the best 40 tourist destinations of China. In the Badaling Great Wall Scenic Area, the China Great Wall Museum was built for those who want more information about the wall.
After lunch at a local restaurant, we will transfer to explore the Changling Tomb. Being the first built of the 13 Ming tombs, the Changling Tomb buried the Ming Emperor Yongle and his empress Xu. It was the largest (occupying 10 hectares), most advanced and best preserved imperial mausoleum, using the best materials. Built in 1409, even the underground palace of the massive project took four years to complete. Having undergone the weathering of 600 years, the Changling remains intact and resplendent and magnificent.
The design of the Changling Tomb followed that of Xiao Mausoleum for Emperor Zhu Yuangzhang the dynasty founder: the front is a rectangular courtyard and the rear is the round Treasure Dome (tomb mound), led in by a 15km Spirit Way from south to north. The Spirit Way extends from the stone mausoleum palace as the axis of the entire mausoleum and the symbol of the supreme majesty of the monarch. Northward from the stone archway along the Spirit Way are arranged in order the Big Red Gate, Stele of Achievements and Virtues, Watch Post, and stone animals and figures, the line ending at an exquisite and unique Lingxing Gate, the entrance to the mausoleum proper.
After sightseeing, go for Beijing roast duck dinner and then drive back to your hotel at 6:00 PM.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Beijing||Meet your tour guide around 9:00 AM. Then drive to visit Badaling Great Wall and Changling Tomb. After dinner, drive back to your hotel.||L, D|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment