6-day Chengdu & Hailuogou Modern Glaciers Tour
Destinations: Chengdu, Moxi
Tour code: TCG-SC-07
This is a perfect combination of the amazing glacier landscape, giant pandas, history and culture. On the trip you will see the major highlights in Chengdu and explore the largest glacier park in China.
Day 1 Chengdu Arrival
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer
Upon arrival at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. Balance of the day is at leisure.
Day 2 Chengdu
Activities for today: Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, Jinli Old Street, Wangjianglou Park, Wuhou Temple
Morning 7:30 pick you up from you hotel and drive to Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. You will catch the pandas' feeding time. You can still see the red panda in the Base. Later, watch the film at Panda Museum to know the pandas' daily life, baby panda getting birth, etc. After a happy time with the pandas, drive back to Chengdu downtown area for a leisure walking in the Jinli Old Street, where you can enjoy all kinds of local snacks and the traditional artifacts.
After lunch, proceed to visit Wangjianglou Park, where you'll walk along the scenic paths to the historic pavilions and halls built in honor of Xuetao, a female poet of the Tang Dynasty. The park is also home to Chongli Tower, with a four-story view of lush riverside bamboo and willows. Drinking tea inside the park like the local people, then have the famous Sichuan hot-pot for dinner.
Optional night show: Sichuan Opera (the show is performed at a teahouse, lasts about 1.5 hours, with the wonderful face-changing)
Day 3 Chengdu/Moxi
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Drive to Moxi, Luding Bridge
Today we will journey to west Sichuan via the beautiful West Sichuan Plain and Ya'an. After lunch in Tianquan County, drive through the longest tunnel in China - Mount Erlangshan Tunnel (4176m) and then stop over about 15 minutes for photographing the unique scenic contrast of the mountain. Continue drive to Ganzi Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture along the picturesque Dadu River Valley. Upon arrival in Luding, pay a visit to the Luding Bridge, which dates from the Qing Dynasty and is considered a historical landmark. In 1935, during the Long March, soldiers of the Fourth Regiment of the Chinese Workers and Peasants' Army secured the bridge as a river crossing vital to the Red Army. Later, go on our trip along the Dadu River to Moxi Town. After dinner, free at leisure or take part in the optional bonfire party with roast lamb.
Day 4 Moxi
Activities for today: Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park
After breakfast, transfer to Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park. At the entrance, we will take the sightseeing bus through the beautiful primitive forests to the No. 3 Base Camp via the No. 1 Base Camp and the No. 2 Base Camp. In the No. 3 Base Camp you can choose to take the cable car (at your own expense) up to the No. 4 Base Camp. Taking the cable car, you can have a bird's eye view of the perfect combination of the virgin forest and glaciers, in a sunshine day, you can even see the magnificent giant ice waterfalls and the beautiful main peak of "the King of the Sichuan's mountains" - Mount Gongga (elevation 7,556 m). If you don't take the cable car to the No. 4 Base Camp, you can walk through the virgin forest to the glaciers viewing platform to see the wonders of glaciers, such as the crevasses of glaciers, the mushroom shaped glaciers and so on. After lunch, enjoy a free time for your own exploration in the glacier forest park. Later this afternoon, take the sightseeing bus back to Moxi.
Day 5 Moxi/Chengdu
Transfer via: private vehicle
After breakfast drive back to Chengdu.
Day 6 Chengdu
Activities for today: Green Ram Temple, Du Fu Thatched Cottage, airport transfer.
This morning drive to visit the Green Ram Temple (Qingyang Palace) which is a Taoism temple with a history of more than 1,000 years. Then visit Du Fu Thatched Cottage, the former residence of the Tang Dynasty poet Du Fu (712 -770 AD), now a park and museum in honor of him. Du Fu is a realist poet and extolled as the Sage of Poetry. Along with Li Bai (Li Bo), he is frequently called the greatest of the Chinese poets. After lunch, transfer to the airport for the flight to your next destination.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Chengdu Arrival||Meet your tour guide and transfer to hotel.||no meal|
|Day2||Chengdu||Visit Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, Jinli Old Street, Wangjianglou Park, and Wuhou Temple.||B, L, D|
|Day3||Chengdu/Moxi||Drive to Moxi. En route visit Luding Bridge.||B, L, D|
|Day4||Moxi||Visit Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park.||B, L, D|
|Day5||Moxi/Chengdu||Drive back to Chengdu.||B, L, D|
|Day6||Chengdu||Visit Green Ram Temple and Du Fu Thatched Cottage. Transfer to the airport .||B, L|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment