12-Day College Students China Adventure Tour
Destinations: Shanghai, Guilin, Yangshuo, Xi'an, Beijing
Tour code: TCG-L-50
Get lost in the glimmering metropolis of Shanghai, cruise down the picturesque watery wonder from Guilin to Yangshuo, marvel at the subterranean army of Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, climb the legendary Great Wall in Mutianyu, explore the Forbidden City and some other world heritage sites in Beijing. Also, biking, kayaking, Jiaozi making, Tai Chi learning etc. are incorporated in the itinerary.
Day 1 Arrival in Shanghai
Transfer via: international plane – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer
Upon arrival in Shanghai, our local English speaking guide will hold a welcome sign with your name to meet you at the outside of the Airport Arrival Hall, and then transfer to the hotel check in. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Shanghai
Activities for today: Shanghai Museum, Yuyuan Market, Yu Garden, Shanghai Ocean Aquarium, Shanghai Acrobatic Show
Today your tour starts from the Shanghai Museum where you will learn how Shanghai transformed into a cosmopolitan city from a small fishing village. Followed by tour to explore the Old district of Shanghai and see the local Shanghai people's lifestyle – Yuyuan Market and Yu Garden. The Garden used to be a private garden with 400 years’ history; it features traditional architectural style of Yangtze Delta. In the afternoon, leisure visit to Shanghai Ocean Aquarium – designed to provide the insight in almost all sea species that can be found in Asia. In the evening, enjoy Shanghai Acrobatic Show (standard ticket).
Day 3 Shanghai/Guilin
Transfer via: domestic plane for economy class - our arrangement
Activities for today: Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the Bund, Nanjing Road, airport transfer (Shanghai, Guilin)
After breakfast in your hotel, visit the Oriental Pearl TV Tower where has best viewing spot of Shanghai and located by the Huangpu River with 468 meters high. Then explore the 26 various buildings of different architectural styles along the Bund, including Gothic, Baroque, Romanesque, Classicism and the Renaissance. It is a famous waterfront and regarded as the symbol of the city for hundreds of years. Followed by free walk on the Nanjing Road – the famous shopping street in China. Later, transfer to the airport for the evening flight to Guilin. On arrival, be met and transferred to the hotel.
Day 4 Guilin
Activities for today: Elephant Trunk Hill, Guangxi Normal University Art Shop, Palace of Prince Jingjiang, Reed Flute Cave, Mount Yao Tea Plantation
Your tour starts from the symbol of Guilin - Elephant Trunk Hill, then pay a visit the Calligraphy & Painting Shop (Guangxi Normal University Art Shop). The University's Old Campus is actually the Palace of Prince Jingjiang – commonly known as Wang Cheng (Prince City), located in the inner city of Guilin. You may choose to climb the small Peak of Unique Beauty to see the full view of the city. In the afternoon, explore the Reed Flute Cave to learn about the Karst landform, which is fantastic stalactites & stalagmites formation; known as "Natural Art Gallery". Today's special experience ends at the Tea Plantation on the foot of Yao Mountain – you will have a chance to learn about Chinese Tea Culture and also drink tea.
Day 5 Guilin/Yangshuo
Transfer via: cruise ship our arrangement
Activities for today: Li River Cruise, West Street
Morning drive about 40 minutes to Zhujiang Pier, and take the cruise ship down the Li River to Yangshuo County. It takes about 4 - 5 hours to finish the cruise depending on the water level. Along the river and you can enjoy the magical Karst hills, small villages, bamboo forests, orchards and water buffaloes. A simple buffet lunch is provided on board. On arrival at Yangshuo town, the rest of the day is free for you to explore the exotic place. You can stroll along the West Street for some souvenirs or enjoy a cup of coffee, tea or beer.
Optional nigh show on the Li River: Impression Liu Sanjie
Day 6 Yangshuo
Activities for today: Biking in the countryside, local family visit, 20 km - kayaking in the Li River
Today have a guided tour to explore Yangshuo's countryside by bicycle. Biking alongside the paddy field and orchards that surround the mountains, you will get a great insight into the rural life of China. En route, you will pay a visit to a local family. This is a good chance to see the real country life and communicate with local farmers. Lunch will be taken at a local farmer’s restaurant. In the afternoon, you will do the Kayaking adventure start from Fuli Town and excursion about 20 km downstream to Puyi Town. It takes about 3 hours. You will enjoy the stunning scenery with different shape of peaks and bamboo forest.
Day 7 Yangshuo/Guilin/Xi'an
Transfer via: domestic plane for economy class – our arrangement
Activities for today: Tai Chi Class, airport transfer (Yangshuo, Xi'an)
This morning you will have a local Tai Chi Class experience (about 2 hours) with local Tai Chi Master at Yangshuo. Tai Chi is an internal martial art system which places emphasis on the development and control of Consciousness energy within the body. The master will teach you some basic skills about Tai Chi. In the afternoon, transfer to the airport for the afternoon flight to Xi’an. On arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 8 Xi'an
Activities for today: Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory, Museum of Qin Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Xi’an Museum, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, Xi'an City Wall, learn how to make Jiaozi
After breakfast at the hotel, meet your tour guide and drive to visit the Xi'an Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory. In the factory, you can see the process of how to make Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses. Continue drive to visit the Museum of Qin Terracotta Warriors and Horses. It is one of the most important archaeological finds in the 20th century; an army of terracotta warriors and the bronze chariots entombed in vast underground vaults at emperor Qin's tomb since 2200 year ago. In the afternoon, pay a visit to Xi'an Museum where you will have a chance to see the history about the Old city, then visit the Small Wild Goose Pagoda. Later, end your trip at the Xi'an City Wall – the best-kept and biggest city walls in China. In the evening, learn how to make Jiaozi (Chinese dumplings) at a local restaurant, and then enjoy dumplings for dinner.
Day 9 Xi'an/Beijing
Transfer via: high-speed train (5 hours) - our arrangement
Activities for today: Shaanxi History Museum, railway station transfer (Xi'an, Beijing)
Morning transfer to visit the Shaanxi History Museum, one impressive museum housing more than 370,000 pieces of historical relics. After the tour, transfer to the railway station and take the high-speed train to Beijing. On arrival, you will be met by the local tour guide at the exit of the railway station, then transfer to your hotel in the city center.
Day 10 Beijing
Activities for today: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Grand National Theatre, Qianmen Dashila Street, Beijing Hutong
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide at the appointed time and start today's Beijing city and history tour to visit Tiananmen Square – the largest city square in the world, followed by the Forbidden City – the largest imperial palace in China for 24 emperors’ reign during the Ming & Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years. After leaving the Forbidden City, you will have an overview of the Grand National Theatre – the big Egg. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese Restaurant. In the afternoon, have a free time at the Qianmen Dashila Street – one of the oldest local Beijing streets, continued today’s tour to ride a bike or rickshaw around Hutong to learn about the local Beijing people’s lifestyle. Hutong is the unique street design in Beijing, some crisscrossing old narrow paths with courtyard houses built on each side. It can be regarded as a window into Beijing fold life. Dinner will be taken at a local Chinese Restaurant in near Hutong. In the evening, free at leisure for your own exploration.
Day 11 Beijing
Activities for today: 798 Art Zone, Cloisonné Factory, Mutianyu Great Wall
Today your Beijing highlight tour will start with a visit of the 798 Art Zone. Then transfer to visit a handicraft articles' factory - Cloisonné Factory, which is a traditional Beijing local handicraft. Continue your trip to the Mutianyu Great Wall - a less visited and more original section of the Great Wall. It is situated where vegetation is luxurious and over 90 percent of the land is covered with grass, forests and fruit trees. You can choose to hike on the wall or take a cable car (at your own expense) up & down the wall.
Day 12 Beijing Departure
Transfer via: international plane – your arrangement
Activities for today: Hotel to airport transfer
Free at leisure until you meet your tour guide and transfer to the airport for the flight to your next destination.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrival in Shanghai||Meet your tour guide and transfer to the hotel.||no meal|
|Day2||Shanghai||Visit Shanghai Museum, Yuyuan Market, Yu Garden, and Shanghai Ocean Aquarium. In the evening, watch Shanghai Acrobatic Show.||B, L|
|Day3||Shanghai/Guilin||Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the Bund, and Nanjing Road. Fly to Guilin.||B, L|
|Day4||Guilin||Visit Elephant Trunk Hill, Guangxi Normal University Art Shop, Palace of Prince Jingjiang, Reed Flute Cave, and Mount Yao Tea Plantation.||B, L|
|Day5||Guilin/Yangshuo||Cruise down the Li River from Guilin to Yangshuo. Visit West Street and enjoy optional night show on the Li River - Impression Liu Sanjie||B, L|
|Day6||Yangshuo||Enjoy biking in the countryside, visit a local family and have a kayaking adventure down the Li River from Fuli Town to Puyi Town.||B, L|
|Day7||Yangshuo/Guilin/Xi'an||Have a Tai Chi Class in the morning. Fly to Xi'an in the afternoon.||B, L|
|Day8||Xi'an||Visit Xi'an Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory, Museum of Qin Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Xi’an Museum, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, and Xi'an City Wall. Learn how to make Jiaozi (Chinese dumplings) in the evening.||B, L, D|
|Day9||Xi'an/Beijing||Visit Shaanxi History Museum. Take high-speed train to Beijing.||B, L|
|Day10||Beijing||Visit Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Grand National Theatre, Qianmen Dashila Street, and Beijing Hutong.||B, L, D|
|Day11||Beijing||Enjoy full day tour of the 798 Art Zone, Cloisonné Factory, and Mutianyu Great Wall.||B, L|
|Day12||Beijing Departure||Transfer to the airport.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment