8-day China Jewish Heritage Tour
Destinations: Harbin, Zhengzhou, Kaifeng, Luoyang, Shanghai
Tour code: TCG-L-043
This is an incredible journey designed to show you the Best of Jewish Heritage Sites in China. It offers a window into the glorious Jewish world of years past and modern Jewish life that can be found in China today.
Day 1 Arrival in Harbin
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer
Upon arrival at Harbin Taiping Airport, you will meet our local guide outside the arrival hall of the airport and transfer to your hotel in the city. Harbin is the capital of Heilongjiang province, Heilongjiang and you will start your Jewish heritage tour from here. In the late 19th century and the early 20th century, Harbin was once the biggest habitat in the Far East for Jews. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Harbin
Transfer via: by private car
Activities for today: New Synagogue, Jewish High School, Jewish Bank, Harbin Huangshan Jewish Cemetery
Today we will visit the Jewish tracks in Harbin to the New Synagogue, which is the largest Jewish synagogue in East Asia. It was the important venue for the nearby Jewish people to hold religious and educational activities. In the afternoon, we will continue to follow the Jewish Community to discover the unique culture and atmosphere of their lives about 100 years ago. You will see the sites of Jewish High School and Jewish Bank. Continue to Harbin Huangshan Jewish Cemetery which is the largest and best-preserved on in East Asia. It is witnessed the special friendship between Chinese people and Jewish people.
Day 3 Harbin/Zhengzhou/Kaifeng
Transfer via: TBA – our arrangement
Activities for today: Saint Sofia Church, Siberian Tiger Park, airport transfer (Harbin, Zhengzhou)
In the morning, visit the Saint Sofia Church and Siberian Tiger Park, where you’re caged in a specially protected bus to see the tigers and lions. Take an afternoon flight to Zhengzhou. On arrival, you will meet the guide and drive about 2 hours to Kaifeng – a city holds many Jewish heritages. Free at leisure in the evening.
Day 4 Kaifeng
Transfer via: by private car
Activities for today: Nan Jiaojing Hutong, Kaifeng Museum, Kaifeng Judaic Exhibition, Jewish Cemetery
Full day explore Jewish culture and history in Kaifeng, visit Nan Jiaojing Hutong where the Jews start to live since the northern Song Dynasty, and you will drop by a local family to learn more about the native people’s life. And then visit the Kaifeng Museum. There are large amount of precious historic items in the museum, one of the exhibition room especially for the Jews in Kaifeng in old times. Today’s exploration ends at Kaifeng Judaic Exhibition and the Jewish Cemetery.
Day 5 Kaifeng/Luoyang
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Shaolin Temple, Kung Fu Show
Today we will drive to Luoyang via Zhengzhou and Dengfeng. On the way, we will drop at the world famous Shaolin Temple in Dengfeng where you will explore Shaolin Martial Arts and may enjoy a marvelous Kungfu Performance. After that, proceed to Luoyang for overnight.
Day 6 Luoyang/Shanghai
Transfer via: domestic plane
Activities for today: Longmen Grottoes
Morning you will visit the world’s treasure – Longmen Grottoes. It is one of the four largest grottoes in China. These grottoes show the splendid Buddhist culture and the wisdom of ancient Chinese people. After that, you will take a flight to Shanghai. On arrival, be met and transfer to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 7 Shanghai
Activities for today: Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum, Yu Garden, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the Bund, Nanjing Road
Today Shanghai city tour starts from Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum (former Ohel Moshe Synagogue). There are many historical items, pictures about Jews’ lives in Shanghai during the II World War. In the afternoon, guide tour to visit the Yu Garden, which used to be a private garden with 400 years’ history and Oriental Pearl TV Tower where has best viewing spot of Shanghai with 468 meters high. Free at leisure on the Bund and Nanjing Road.
Day 8 Shanghai Exit
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Hotel to airport transfer
Bid farewell to Shanghai as your vacation comes to an end. A complimentary transfer is provided to Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrival in Harbin||Meet your guide at the airport and transfer to your hotel.||no meal|
|Day2||Harbin||Tour the New Synagogue, Jewish High School, Jewish Bank, and Harbin Huangshan Jewish Cemetery||B, L|
|Day3||Harbin/Zhengzhou/Kaifeng||Visit Saint Sofia Church and Siberian Tiger Park. Fly to Zhengzhou and then drive to Kaifeng.||B, L|
|Day4||Kaifeng||Visit Nan Jiaojing Hutong, Kaifeng Museum, Kaifeng Judaic Exhibition and the Jewish Cemetery.||B, L|
|Day5||Kaifeng/Luoyang||Drive to Luoyang. One the Way visit Shaolin Temple and perhaps watch a Kunfu show there.||B, L|
|Day6||Luoyang/Shanghai||Visit Longmen Grottoes. Fly to Shanghai and check in your hotel.||B, L|
|Day7||Shanghai||Visit Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum, Yu Garden, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the Bund and Nanjing Road.||B, L|
|Day8||Shanghai Exit||Transfer to the airport.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment